Wednesday, September 15, 2010, from 5:30 pm-7:30pm
113 Masterton Hall on the USM Portland Campus
Please register at email@example.com
University of Southern Maine and the Maine Center for Creativity invite you to the second installment of this year’s Creative Toolbox & Survival Guide lecture series. This is a topic-specific series of lectures for innovative
individuals who work in Maine’s Creative Economy. Thanks to KeyBank for their generous sponsorship.
Cynthia Thompson, owner of Transformit, www.transformit.com
Speakers will include Skip Bates of Bangor Savings Bank, Jane Harmon of Key Bank, Frederick Lipp of Bernstein Shur, Peter Moore of Corporate Finance Associates, Linzee Weld of Slow Money Maine and Nord Samuelson of North Main
The discussion will cover how to bridge the different financing options for businesses within the creative sector.
Questions asked of the speakers will include:
1. Where is there common ground between finance and creative?
2. How does one identify what type of funding or investment that you need?
3. How does the Creative prepare for Finance?
4. How does Finance prepare for the Creative?
5. How do you support Genius?