We know it's all about talent, getting the right people on your team. That's why Creative Portland wants to attract 10,000 people who will contribute to our economy and community.
At the same time, I also hear from companies and organizations who are looking for "the right someone" to fill a job that requires creative skills, innovative thinking, motivation. They are often cool-sounding jobs like: digital content director, design studio assistant, chief curator or lead scientist.
Awhile back, we decided not to tackle a jobs listing and duplicate JobsinME or Monster, and instead offer a careers page where "creative professions" companies can post a description and link to their careers page: the idea being that we need to show people outside our region that real companies and opportunities do exist way up here in Vacationland.
That said, I still hear about specific opportunities that are just too intriguing to keep to myself. So, here goes: my blog about interesting job opportunites. Let me know if you like it. If so, I'll keep at it. Meanwhile, share this with anyone seeking or posting a "creative profession" position or looks like it could be, anyway. Here's a few to get you started:
CREATIVE JOB OPENINGS!
- Studio Adminstrator, Elizabeth Whelan Design (international design studio)
- Digital Design Director, Maine Today Media (Portland's daily news source)
- Associate Curator, Portland Museum of Art (Maine's leading art museum)
- Scientist 1, Idexx Laboratories (global veterinary products company)
- Marketing & Communications Manager, Portland Downtown District
- Marketing Communication Specialist, Visible Logic (design & branding firm)